Monday, April 2, 2007

You might think...

...I have tons of time on my hands. Actually, I really enjoy starting new projects, but then as I start to lose interest, I start another one. Kinda like if you smashed ADD with knitting, you'd get me, someone who starts tons of projects and only finishes the ones that are quick.

Maybe that's why I love my two new books: Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson and One Skein by Leigh Radford. They also fit perfectly into my newfound love of hand dyeing with my crockpot. I can't really fit more than one skein into the pot at once and I don't yet feel like messing around with the stovetop. So I dye a bunch of skeins, then find a quick little project to knit up with my great new yarn. Over the weekend I started the one-cable scarf from One Skein with my green hand-dye. I think it will be really nice!

Anyways, the project photo for the day is this; the Pashmina Cowl from LMKG. I'm using this rather fine chenille yarn that I bought from Ebay a couple years ago. I loved the colors, but never had a clue what I was going to do with it. There isn't too much, just 3 balls, and there's no label or anything, but when I saw the cowl in the book, the chenille screamed out to be made into it! It worked up to the right gauge (with the correct needles even!) so we're off to the races. It's a little hard to tell in this photo, but it's a variegated chenille with green, tan, brown, and almost a hint of lavender. I think I remember the Ebay listing describing is as Astro Thunder Chenille. I don't know though, because I've done search after search and never found it anywhere. No matter, it's very pretty, very soft, and I think it will make a great accessory for a jean jacket or hooded sweatshirt.

No comments: