Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The last of the dyes...for now...

Ok, time for a retrospective of my yarn dyeing to date. I left out the overdyed Wool-Ease, but if you really want to see it, it's a few posts back. It's peachy and not inspiring at the moment.


In the picture on the top left (counter-clockwise) we have the grape-y Dashing fingerless mitts (because that yarn couldn't wait to be knitted up), a black cherry/cherry Kool-Aid concoction, a test in tea-dyeing and Kool Aid together, a purple/blue achieved through the hot-pour method (my favorite!), and another hot-pour trial that didn't work as well as I'd hoped. The top right photo is a close-up of the bad hot-pour and the bottom is a close-up of the good hot-pour. I really shouldn't say "bad" though. The yarn does look good. There are subtle shades of green with bits of blue turquoise here and there; I just need to perfect my technique. I was going for something a little lighter and less solid.

This is the one-cable scarf from One Skein. I started this the other night with the first green yarn I dyed. I'm torn between Kool-Aid and Wilton Icing Dyes - I like Kool Aid because I seem to have a better chance at getting the semi-solids I love so much, but Wilton gives more vibrant, clear colors. That settles it, I simply have to get more yarn so that I can continue experimenting!
Right after I finish one of the 6 projects I have on the needles...

No comments: