Friday, February 15, 2008

Freaky Friday

It's Friday once again and I'm STILL sick! Tea and Puffs, baby - now that's my idea of a great day! I'm not sure how much more of this my nose can handle. Or my throat. Or my chapped lips. This is getting too darn old, folks. I'm buying stock in TheraFlu.

I'm also a little bitter because this weekend is the big Knit Out & Crochet Too at the Mall of America - a mere hour away from my home - and I can't go! Many things are conspiring against me with this one. I am still sick, but also my niece's birthday is tomorrow and knitting would not be an acceptable excuse to miss that. A. has a Girl Scout meeting in the a.m. and a big report on Coronado with which I promised to help (that would be the Miracle Worker part of my tea mug up there). On Sunday, A.'s basketball team is playing in another tournament because the organizers needed another team to round out the playing field. Three games spanning from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. It's fun to watch basketball and the homework help isn't so bad, but I do wish I could go drown in yarn and people for a few hours.

My consolation is that Oblique is getting closer and closer! I did end up ripping back on one of the fronts and redoing the raglan decreases and I'm much happier with it now. The other front was good as is so I was saved that extra work. When the fronts were ready, I already had the back pinned out and it was nearly dry (thank you lace!) so I pinned the fronts right on top of the back so that I had a good template to follow to get it all lined up right. I'll be blocking it again when finished (probably) so my only real goal here is to get everything behaving better for seaming. Love it!

Can you see the fronts better this way? I like it. I LOVE IT! I can't wait to finish it!

The sleeves are on their way also. Last night I got through the cuffs - felt like it took forever, but I think it was because I knit both cuffs at the same time. This morning while watching Angel from 5-7 a.m. (I'm hooked now and it's totally killing my committment to my morning workout!), I got to the point of starting the sleeve increases.

The photo is kind of dark, but you get the idea. My kids probably can't wait for me to get this finished because it's nearly impossible to keep them off my side of the couch and I just have to have my pattern and my notebook and my pens and my markers and all my assorted garbage set out just so. They don't like it. Even though the chaise end of the sofa is Mom's Spot, they see fit to make me feel like I'm inconveniencing their lives by covering it in knitting paraphernalia. When you have your own house, you too can put your knitting stuff any where you want!

My final note for today regards Valentine's Day. After reviewing our tax situation, Mr. T. and I decided that we wouldn't be giving gifts to each other. However, on Wednesday, he mentioned that he was going shopping for my gift. WHAT??? After we decided not to give gifts, I'd not given one single thought to what I would give him. Frankly I was relieved. He always knows what he's getting me and it ticks me off to no end because I agonize over any gift giving occasion for weeks on end.

I did end up having a pretty good idea and I think he likes it. I bought him some noise-cancelling earbuds for his iPod because he flies a lot for work and will be doing a lot of flying here over the next few weeks. He got me one of those radio transmitter thingys to use to play my iPod over my car radio. I'm very excited about that! Podcasts and audiobooks, hooray!
Okay, back to work people! Have a great day!

No comments: