Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Who loves a fast knit, baby?

I do, that's who! FYI, there will be no photos today, just gonna plow through an update.

The Lutea Lace-Shoulder Shell is moving along in grand style. 3 skeins of Cotton Ease will be more than enough. I don't find the stockinette body boring at all, what with the decreases and increases to keep my attention. The only thing tip I'd give about this one is that if you're using cotton or a cotton blend - and let's face it, why wouldn't you? it's a summer top! - measure the total body length with the piece hanging. Mr. T. begrudgingly held mine up for me as I measured. Measuring in this manner helps to compensate for cotton's heaviness and will ensure that the top is the correct length while you're wearing it.

The short rows wake you up again after all that stockinette (short rows are so magical!) and the shoulder lace pattern is very easy (as long as you've found the errata). I love the short row shaping to create the v-neck because now I won't have a pesky gap in the center where the stitches are pulled apart in a typical v-neck. There's also a slip stitch edging along the underarm. Yay for self-finishing! I fully expect to complete this top during short breaks in my work day today.


In other knitting news, the Hourglass Sweater is nearly dry and I'm itching to get it on. No pun intended there, but I do hope that it isn't too itchy. Sweater Soap seems to have softened it up nicely. It's going to be so comfy and so flattering! The shaping worked out perfectly and I can't wait to wear it when I see my high school girlfriends on Saturday. I realized last night though that the color I used - Sapphire Heather - is dangerously close to royal blue...my high school color! What can I say? That color looks darn good on me! At least it's not a cheerleading uniform!


Lastly, the bane of my knitting existance - the Cozy V-neck Pullover - is blocking. Do you remember that one? I made it out of JoAnn Sensations Angel Hair (ugh!) from my stash. Though I got gauge, in actuality, this yarn is too bulky for this sweater, especially in the ribbing. It's a pretty color and has the potential to be a cute sweater, but I think it's going to be too bulky and hot for me. Oh well, worse comes to worse I'll pack it away with the things destined for the Lupus Foundation.

Off to work now. Coffee first.

No comments: