Saturday, January 12, 2008

A little update...

I'm getting ready to go to A.'s basketball tournament, but I have just enough time for a quick update. Yesterday I worked a lot (for the real job) so I didn't get as much knitting time as I'd like, but I still managed to make progress. The sock is continuing down the foot nicely.


And there's my blurry yet still magical gusset. What is it about that little triangle of fabric that gets my adrenaline flowing?


The Hourglass Sweater is moving along like gangbusters. I love bottom-up construction. Just when you're thinking that you can't bear to knit any more, you reach the yoke and it goes faster and faster. Using the 11" circular on the sleeves worked out surprisingly well.


I've completed 9 sets of decreases in the yoke - halfway there! Though I will probaby do a few more after reading what others have done on Ravelry (I luff Ravelry!!). I haven't heard nearly as many sweater growing pains stories from people using Wool of the Andes as there have been from those using other yarns. Let's hope that this turns out as stunning as I hope. I fully expect to finish it tomorrow. I'm almost through a ball of yarn, then I have 1 more full ball and about 1/2 of another. With the circumference getting smaller with every round, I am cautiously optimistic that I will have more than enough yarn, even with a few additional decrease rounds.


The it will be off to blocking, drying, and wearing proudly next Saturday so I can show off my talents to my friends!

I'm looking forward to A.'s basketball games at 11:30 and 3. I'd love to bring the sock, but with the two boys, the only time I'd touch a needle is if my hand brushed past it while digging for a snack in my purse. I'll be fine waiting until football this evening for my knitting time. I'll probably just keep blasting through the Hourglass Sweater. I want to finish the thing, plus, if I need more yarn, I'd like to know that as soon as humanly possible. Perhaps I'll work on the sock for a quarter of the football game as a diversion, but it will still be there, no matter what, so I won't worry about it.

Ok, enough of the chit chat - time to shower up and warm up my lungs to cheer for my girl's team! Mr. T. is coaching as well...that should be interesting!

No comments: