Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Where am I?

That's how I feel today. I made a little bit of knitting progress yesterday. The first sleeve of Mr. Greenjeans is done and the second one started. The dye experiments were a roaring success. I'll have to add pictures another time because my computer is rebelling against 3 days of no sleep.


I'd hoped to have sleeve #2 done today, but sick children and temperatures approaching absolute zero have kept me mentally and physically away from my knitting.


What do you get when you cross an absent-minded-when-coming-home-from-work husband and a mom who didn't follow up on the contents of a certain 5 year old's backpack at the end of the week? A kid who missed out on his special day being Child of the Week at preschool...yay! On Monday morning when I brought B. into the classroom, the teachers asked if I had his pictures. What pictures? Nothing came home about Child of the Week so how would I know? Turned out that last Friday, when Mr. T was home early from work, he opened B's backpack, took out the contents, and put them in the laundry room - a place where I never place or think to look for schoolwork. The poor kid has been waiting to be child of the week ever since the start of school. It wasn't a total loss, he still gets to be line leader for the week - he just didn't have any photos to talk about yet.

We prepared all the Child of the Week stuff only to wake up on Wednesday (the next day of school for B) to -41 windchills and an air temp of -20. What gives? It was 43 on Monday! The elementary school was 2 hours late and preschool was flat out cancelled. Probably for the best, because B woke up with a raging cold and cough and wouldn't have been able to go to school anyway. Oh well, he'll get to bring his pictures tomorrow.

We were woken up at 2 a.m. Wednesday by L who complained that his ear hurt. Sheesh! What's next? B was coughing when I put L back to bed so I gave him some water. He continued to cough until he threw up. I gave up trying to sleep and started working.

I don't think much will happen in the knitting department today.

No comments: