Thursday, October 2, 2008

A better shot...

See? It's a little better. First one is with the flash - a little flashed out, but it shows the color variation.

Not as bad (1)

This one is without the flash and a more accurate representation of what it looks like to me.

Not as bad

As I went through the 3rd iteration of this yarn dyeing adventure, I decided to check out Knitty's tutorial on hand dyeing yarn...again. She let her yarn soak in the vinegar/water all night long. Hear that, Jen??? All night! Not 15 minutes until you've decided you can't wait any longer. ALL NIGHT!

Next time I'll soak it all night first. Think first, then act. I might just end up with something I love.

In the meantime, I'm going on a hunt this evening for Malabrigo Chunky in Stonechat. Must make a hat.

No comments: