Monday, August 17, 2009

Seaweed's - The Crap Sock


Seaweed FO
Originally uploaded by JRoKnits
I shouldn't be so hard on the poor thing...it's really not it's fault. It's Wendy D. Johnson's free Seaweed Socks pattern knit from Patons Stretch Socks in Olive. The pattern is nice and well written and pretty, but I've decided I'm not the biggest fan of the stretchy yarn.

Normally, I don't have any problem with the purl bumps on the inside sole of my sock. No need for the "princess" sole around here. However, this stretchty yarn is not as smooth and soft as the other yarns I like, the woolier sock yarns. It feels almost like I'm knitting with dental floss and while not exactly uncomfortable, I can feel a difference with this yarn on the bottom of my foot.

That's not even to say that the yarn doesn't make a good sock. It really does. I know how to knit with it and get great results using the stretch. I like the colors too. But it's a bit uncomfortable to knit with and I think I'll be just fine taking a break from this stuff.

Now that I have a new pair of socks to wear!

No comments: