Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Monday....seriously??

I can't believe how fast this year is going!?!?! More depressing - that it's nearly halfway over and we haven't had any real summer-like weather yet. No, seriously, I can do without scorching heat and choking humidity. The weather dudes don't think we're going to get much of that at all. It would be nice to save a little on the AC this summer, but hopefully there will be enough heat to coax the kids into playing with water outside.

We had a pretty darn fantastic weekend here. Mr. T's job makes things a little unpredictable so luckily we got in some fun prior to the actual Father's Day. On Friday we went out to eat at a local restaurant/bar called Chatter's. It was a perfect evening. The kids had a blast, we ate prime rib, and it's the kind of place where the kids can be themselves and nobody blinks. Then we drove out to a few lakes to check the status of their access ramps. Our favorite lake's access ramp was newly reopened so we all anxiously awaited Saturday and our first fishing trip of the year.

Fishing Fun

Fishing Fun

I was able to make a decent amount of progress on 28thirty. Here she is as of about 7:00 a.m. this morning:

28thirty - making progress

I will probably shorten the sleeves because 19" sleeves sound just too darn long for me. Or perhaps 3/4? Or I'll make another with 3/4 sleeves? I know I'll make one, if not two, more of these. Cropped, for sure, and I think I'll do one with the full-length sleeves and one with 3/4 sleeves. I'm excited to make the cropped (original) version because what I noticed when making this one is that the yoke feels like it takes FOREVER, yet once you separate the sleeves, it's done practically before you know it. The shaping helped the full version move along, but I kept having to stop and try it on to make sure I got the length and shape I wanted.

I had a fit of scarf frenzy last night as well. I swatched for a lace pattern (oops, can't remember off-hand the name but it was in Knitter's Review) with some extra Denimstyle and Moda Dea Silk n' Wool. Not sure if either is really right for that pattern, but I'll figure it out and get something made out of those.

I'm in a major-league mood to liberate some crap yarns from my stash. This morning I thought I'd try to be creative and see if there was anything I could do with a less than desirable shade of Lion Brand Homespun. All it took was a few stitches on plastic needles for me to throw my hands up and the yarn out. There's more upstairs - make no mistake, it will soon join it's friend in the trash. I wouldn't even give that stuff away. I, by no means, consider myself a yarn snob, but I honestly can't believe I ever considered that Homespun as one of my favorite yarns. I'm over it and I won't go back.

Anyway, I guess that's all for today. I'll work some here the rest of the afternoon, knit some on 28thirty, and then it's off to Eden Prairie for a soccer game. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one and the girls have chosen once again to wear their confidence-building mojo-cookin' black jerseys. They're awesome!

No comments: