Friday, May 30, 2008

Knitting Fantasies

I cast on Fluffy Lap Blanket #5 and though I still love the pattern and the product, after making 4 of them, I'm ready to be done. In the beginning, I'd thought I would keep knitting until I'd used all the yarn, but there's a considerable amount left. Here they are:

Teacher Blankies (4)

Teacher Blankies (1)

Teacher Blanket #3

Fluffy Lap Blanket #4

Fluffy Lap Blanket #5

Yesterday, as a distraction, in a moment of impulsive "I have enough money in my PayPal account to buy this and I even have the yarn and I really want to make it"-ness, I bought the pattern for 28thirty, a Zephyr Style pattern. It's so cute and it's perfect for my white Denimstyle! It feels like a cloud.

28thirty

Also, in a different moment of impulsive stash diving meets magazine inspiration, I cast on the Incan Pullover from the cover of the latest KnitSimple. One iteration of this pattern is in the second row when you go to the link. I'm using some $1 clearance yarn from Crafts Direct. It's actually pretty nice yarn. It's a 50/50 Tencel/acrylic blend that has a slight texture to it. I have a little bit of a gauge issue but I should be fine with as generous as the sizing is for this pattern.

Incan Pullover

Along with my active knitting fantasies, I have some that are still only in my head. #1 of which is the Endpapers Shawl from the Knitter's Book of Yarn. That shawl has been at the forefront of my mind ever since I first saw it, yet I have not seen any FO's in blogland or Ravelry. Could it be that I am the only one entranced by this pattern?

Endpapers Shawl

I've been contemplating various less expensive yarn choices than Koigu. I've never even held Koigu! I think I may have some options at KnitPicks now that they've expanded the colors in several of their yarn lines.

Anyway, that's the knitting life I'm leading right now. As for the rest of it, I have work piled up that needs some attention so that I can hopefully get some knitting time in this afternoon. Tomorrow I'm spending the night at a hotel with a water park along with my daughter and the other moms/girls in her Girl Scout troop. Should be fun times, but I'll miss out on several hours of knitting and need to make that up somewhere.

No comments: